The secret of the beautiful images and videos we enjoy seeing and watch is the talent of the photographer and the camera used. We can never develop and capture beautiful sceneries without the use of a camera. And that camera itself as technology has different types and has specific purposes. But whatever uses it may be, they will always be the same for one thing, and it is the need for a lens.
Thus, the lens is one of the essential parts of the camera called the eye of the camera. As it is the ones that capture the images, that camera itself stores that are considered as the brain. The lens is also the one that designates the aperture range and depth of field that can use to have a focus on the distance of the subject.
The lens is consisting of elements that are formed or shape from a glass piece that bends light in a specific way. They may have differed in the function they have, but one of their main tasks is to generate a sharp image in the film. Thus, it was being done with also the help of the light beams for the focus. However, as the years continue and technology is also changing and upgrading, the lenses of the camera make changes for better and more excellent shots.
Well, even though it changes and upgrades, this doesn’t mean that you also need to change the whole-body part of your camera. But instead, if your camera is still in its best use then, you can consider only upgrading your camera lenses. And if your camera is the Nikon d3400, there are lots of best lenses for this type of camera. You may also like this comparison of Nikon D3400 vs Nikon D5300
To help you select the right camera lens for the Nikon d3400 in India, we have searched and reviewed ten models of it. We do also find and picked the appropriate lens for your Nikon d3400. In this post, we collected the best camera lens for the Nikon d3400, which is available in the market today. But there’s more, we have also provided a FAQ section, buying guides and make it easy for you to select the right one. And also, to compare the top camera lens for the Nikon d3400 available in India and choose the best one that suits your needs.
If you are currently in a hurry and we can’t sometimes help it, and to help you pick the right one. We have selected here the overall best camera lens for the Nikon d3400, which you may also consider as your lens too.
Best lenses for Nikon D3400: 60 Second Summary
- The overall best lenses for the Nikon d3400 is the Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5 – 6.3G ED Vibration Reduction Zoom Lens. It has an outstanding lens, and that gives you an endless memory with a beautiful shot. One of its secrets is its great features that are inspiring and reliable to use.
One great about this lens is it has an outstanding all-in-one telephoto zoom, which is AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm. It is also lightweight and compact with a 16.7x zoom lens. You can also shoot full angle landscapes, portraits, group photos, and more. It has a specialized vibration reduction technology that is responsible for capturing sharp images and steady videos.
It also has a massive zoom range that you can capture a wide-angle from 35mm to a super-telephoto of 450mm. Its VR has a significant advantage in terms of in a low-light situation and slowing down the shutter speed to prevent and not compromising the sharpness for the image or video.
Professional or amateur, this lens is beneficial and significant to use. Surely you will not regret purchasing this one. From its great features and positive views also based on the reviews of other people who already use this lens, this is worth to spend.
- If you want a good quality lens but and a cheap budget, you can consider purchasing, 55mm 0.43x Altura Photo Professional HD Wide Angle Lens. Altura has a wide-angle lens that is an excellent alternative in high-end lenses. It allows you to capture a broader range of images. It is also good to use for capturing landscapes, family photos, and many more.
Altura has a 2-in-1 design, which is for macro photography and wide-angle shots. You can also increase the field of view up to 0.43x for the lens. It has a steel barrel construction to help enhanced durability. You can also maintain a full autofocus in using this lens. As a professional or non-professional, you will find this Altura very convenient and easy to use picked. Surely you will love to use this in your various events and adventures you are up to.
The 55mm 0.43x Altura Photo Professional HD Wide Angle Lens is generally the best camera lens for the Nikon d3400 but a little pricey. Cheap but as a good quality like the higher-priced lenses. So, relatively I will surely recommend this for you as cheap but has a good quality to use.
Reviews of the Top 10 Best Lens for Nikon D3400
We will give you the best available options for your budget. We will also share some tips and tricks to know about lenses so that it would be easier for you to understand the working of a lens.
1. Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5 – 6.3G ED Vibration Reduction Zoom Lens
- Aperture range from f/3.5 up to f/22
- Maximum Magnification is up to 0.32x
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization
- Silent Wave Motor
- Three Aspherical
- Extra-low dispersion
An outstanding lens and will give you endless memories with a beautiful shot are made possible by the Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5 – 6.3G ED Vibration Reduction Zoom Lens. Its secret is its great features that are inspiring and reliable to use. Another great with this lens is that it is compatible with the Nikon d3400 camera. You may also like Best Lenses for Nikon D750.
- Long zoom range up to 16.7x zoom
- It has an optical stabilization
- It is light and compact
- It is super sharp
- It is fast and accurate in focus
- Images are high even in low light
- It has a weak edge and telephoto performance
- It has no hood included
2. 55mm 0.43x Altura Photo Professional HD Wide Angle Lens
- Detachable macro lens
- Multi-coated glass optics
- 2 in 1 design for macro photography and wide-angle.
- High-resolution images
- Full autofocus
- 43x increase for the view field in the lens.
If you want a camera lens that’s cheaper but of excellent quality, Altura Photo Professional HD Wide Angle Lens is the perfect suit for you. Altura is a lens that is easy to use and attached to the front of the camera. It has wide-angle photography which expands to capture a beautiful image.
It also has many great features which surely are way advantageous and worth the money.
- It as a protective lens caps and pouch
- It has excellent zoom capabilities
- Compatible with the Nikon d3400 camera
- It is only compatible with cameras that have a 55mm lenses.
- The focus drops off in the edges.
3. Vivitar High-power 500mm/1000mm f/8 Manual Telephoto lens
- 500mm telephoto lens
- f/8 up to f32 aperture
- manual focusing
- Good optical construction
Professional or a beginner, you can enjoy capturing images and videos with this, High-power 500mm/1000mm f/8 Manual Telephoto lens. You can transform your shots into the next level and become the best. It is built and designed to have a professional shot, with its high-power zoom telephoto lens.
- It is compatible with all type of Nikon DSLRs
- It has 2x teleconverter which makes it a double telephoto power
- It has a T-mount adapter included
- A built-in tripod collars
- A tremendous close-up view for the subject without disturbing them
- A right telephoto lens for beginners
- It requires a decent lighting
- It works entirely in manual mode
- It has no vibration reduction capability
- The lens is sensitive to movements
- This is not for serious professionals
4. Opteka 6.5mm f/3.0 Professional Ultra-Wide Angle Aspherical Fisheye Lens
- A metal body construction that has a hybrid aspherical element for a sharp image
- Aperture control
- Manual focus
- It has a removable petal lens hood
Another lens that you can add or use to your Nikon D3400 camera is the Opteka 6.5mm f/3.0 Professional Ultra-Wide Angle Aspherical Fisheye Lens. The Opteka is the latest version lens, which has nine rounded aperture blades. Which helps improve the optics and the heavy-duty metal build quality. Also read about Best Nikon Telephoto Lens.
- Compatible in all Nikon DSLRs
- Great image quality
- It has a hard case included
- You need to set the camera for manual mode
- It has no autofocus feature
5. Altura Photo 8mm f/3.0 Professional Ultra-Wide Angle Aspherical Fisheye Lens
- It has a removable petal lens hood
- It has an aperture control and manual focus
- A six-blade aperture for the lens
- A multi-layered lens coating
Another great addition to your lenses that are compatible with the Nikon d3400 camera is the Altura Photo 8mm f/3.0 Professional Ultra-Wide Angle Aspherical Fisheye Lens. It has an f/3.0 aperture for a stunning image even in low light. It also has a multi-layer lens coating.
- It has a custom-designed lens protective case
- Compatible with all Nikon F-Mount APS-C cameras
- High as a fisheye lens
- It is a full manual
6. Lightdow 85mm f/1.8 Medium telephoto Portrait Prime Manual Focus Full Frame Lens
- Eight pieces circular aperture
- Large smooth Focus Rings
- It has an Ultra Multi-Coating
- Hybrid aspherical lenses
Capture beautiful images with the Lightdow 85mm f/1.8 Medium telephoto Portrait Prime Manual Focus Full Frame Lens. It has a medium telephoto that is good to use for up-close or in-focus shots. This will let you have explicitly focused on your subject. You can also enjoy using this lens with its sizeable smooth focus ring and an eight-circular aperture.
Other than its medium telephoto, it has another great feature that you may want to consider for your new lens.
- Easy to use
- Compatible with Nikon DSLRs
- It has a large aperture
- It is suitable for shallow depth field images
- It is a fully manual lens
- It has no electric contacts
- No image stabilization
7. High-Power 420-1600mm f/8.3 HD Manual Telephoto Lens
- Manual Focus
- f/8.3-16 aperture
- 25 minimum focus distance
- Built-in rotating tripod mount
- Anti-reflection coatings
If you want an ultimate telephoto zoom lens, then consider High-Power 420-1600mm f/8.3 HD Manual Telephoto Lens. It has 420-800mm HD II unbeatable consistency, in terms of long-range performance and its image quality. It is excellent to use for wildlife to nature photography with its super zoom lens, which also prevents disturbing the subject while taking a photo.
- Nice quality lens
- 2x converter
- The adapter is made in solid aluminum
- Includes 5-year warranty
- Manual focus mode
- Images are not that clear
8. Opteka 650-1300mm telephoto Zoom lens
- 650-1300mm high definition manual focus
- f/8 to f/16 aperture
- built-in rotating tripod mount
- 2x teleconverter
- Ultra-high index/ low-dispersion optical glasses
Another camera lens that is compatible with the Nikon d3400 camera lens is the Opteka 650-1300mm telephoto Zoom lens. It has a manual focus, which is a high-definition super-telephoto zoom lens. A perfect lens for amateur as well as professional photographers. It also has many great features that you will love.
- It is a relatively cheap lens
- It is compatible with Nikon DSLRs
- Includes 10-year warranty
- It has 2x high definition high-converter
- It has a removable lens hood
- It is manual
- The focus ring is sensitive
- Images are not that clearer
9. Ligthdow 8mm f/3.5 Aspherical MC Fisheye Lens
- Focal length 8mm
- Aperture range from f/3.5 up to f/22
- UMC or Ultra Multi-Coating to reduce ghosting and flare
Another camera lens that is compatible with the Nikon d3400 camera is the Ligthdow 8mm f/3.5 Aspherical MC Fisheye Lens. It is a wide-range camera that has lighting support for a great shot. You can enjoy capturing great images with its 180 degrees diagonal angle. It is ideal to use for panoramas and others.
- It has an aperture ring
- It has a 180-degree diagonal angle view
- It is excellent for panorama shots
- No image stabilization
- It is a manual lens
10. Nikon f/1.8G Lens, AF-S FX NIKKOR 50mm with autofocus camera
- 50mm focal length
- f/1.8G aperture
- Silent Wave Motor
One of the Photographer’s best friends is the Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Lens with autofocus. It is an ideal and must-have lens for your next adventure or shoot. Nikon AF-S gives you a stunning image with a shallow depth of field. It also lets your subject stick out from its background. And this is considered one of the favorite lenses of photographers who already bought one.
- It has a fast autofocus
- High images even in low light
- It is great for portraits
- It has an optimized edge for the sharpness
- It is bulkier than others
- The lens cannot be zoom
Buying Guide for Best Lens for the Nikon d3400
In Whatever type or brand your camera is, you also need to know the different kinds of lenses that will fit in the camera you have. So, here are some points that you should remember or buy a guide when you are going to purchase a new lens for your camera. You may also like Best Nikon D3400 Memory Card in India.
The first that you should look into buying for a new lens is its focal length. There are the numbers that have mm, or it pertains to the zoom capacity of the lens. Remember that the higher the number, the more its capability to zoom. Also, you should consider getting to know what type of zoom do you want. There are also lots of type focal lengths that have so check your camera’s focal length and then decide if you wish to the higher or the lower one of it.
Another feature that you should look for in the lens is its aperture. The aperture is the opening of the lens for the light. Remember that the lower the number of apertures, the fuller the result will be. It will also be lighter for the lens.
The stabilization is also great to consider in looking for the best lens because it lets you capture a photo at a slower shutter speed. It also helps reduce the blurriness of the image or video.
Silent Wave Motor
This silent wave motor is the one that helps to have a faster focus and has no noise that will not disrupt and lets the lens move when focusing. This is also an advantage when you want your image to have a filter.
The crop sensor is the frame of the camera, and this lets you crop the edges of the frame resulting in increased focal length.
Well, manual focus is only available in old models of cameras. And this is great if you want to adjust the camera focus on the specific subject you want only to capture. This will also let you have a sharp and in-focus shot.
The size of the lens also matters. If you like to take photos when traveling, the size of the lens is also one thing that you should consider because of the limited space when you are traveling far, and you are going to ride on a plane. So, relatively you should pick a lens that has a small size but has great quality one which is available in the market, and there are lots of it.
The weight also matters in choosing the lens. The heavier the lens, the more substantial you will carry it, and it might give you difficulty to move from one place to another, especially if your subject is moving. This will also make your arms in pain because of their heaviness.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Best Lens
If you some clarification and other things that must know about lenses, here are some of the frequently asked by many people who are currently looking for the best lens to buy in India. I hope that what’s bothering you is included in this FAQ section.
- Why is Lens essential?
The lens is the secret of your beautiful images. It serves as the eye of your camera that will capture the image. The lens also can last longer than the body or the camera.
- What camera lens should I purchased when I want to change my older one?
Well, it depends on what exactly you want. You should know what you are lacking or what does your lens has that you think should be replaced. There have been many types of the lens that have different features, so it is essential to what specific features you want to have so you can choose or pick a new lens that is precisely what you are looking.
- How can I know which type of lens will fit in my camera?
The first is to get to know what type of lens your camera has. You may check it in your mount of the lens of your camera, which is located in front of the camera. Buying a new lens is pretty easy kin, which you can buy online or in the stores. But you should first check if it is compatible with the camera.
- How can I know if the lens has a wide angle?
Generally, the standard lens is 35mm, which has a 46-degree field view. And if the field view is more comprehensive, therefore the lens of the camera also has a wide-angle.
- What is a wide-angle lens?
A wide-angle lens is a camera that, as a focal length, is lower than 35mm. A whole city, landscapes, and others are some of the proper uses of having a wide-angle lens. You can use it if you wish to have a broader scope of the image.
- What are the different types of lenses and their uses?
Well, there are different type of lenses available which has a mixed-use, and this is the following:
– Wide-angle lens
This wide-angle lens has a short focal length. This type of lens lets you capture an angle of view beyond the standard lens, allowing you to capture more of the scene in just a shot. This wide-angle lens is also called the fisheye lens which is the extreme one that has a 180 degrees capacity of the image to be taken.
– Standard lens
The standard lenses are the ones with mid-range focal lengths. Its angle view is the same as the human eye view where images are natural when produce.
– Macro lens
The macro lens is the one that is used for a close-up photograph. They have a different internal construction from a standard lens. It has contrast and excellent sharpness. These produce eye-capturing images.
– Short telephoto lens
These lenses are suitable for portraits and candid shots.
– Telephoto lens
It has a long focal length that provides a higher-level magnification. This allows you to capture the subject in a moderate to far distance. This type of lens is a heavier lens. This telephoto lens is used for wildlife, sports events, and even in paparazzi. This will also let you capture the subject even you are not near to it.
– medium telephoto lens
This medium telephoto is suitable for a close capture, such as for sports and other actions.
- How does the camera lens work?
The camera lens merely works as the light beams spread apart. It travels up to the screen. As the subject is farther from the lens, a more substantial image can be captured by the camera. And the light beam spreads out more for it to be taken.
Buying the lens that you want is not as simple as picking the ones that you saw. You must also consider things such as the type of lens of your camera. Who will buy a lens that will not be able to use for the camera? Well, it will be a waste of money. Also, there are other features that you should look at choosing the right and best lens for your camera. And these things are already stated in the buying guide section of these articles. And feel free to re-read it if you missed that section.
But if you are looking for a lens for your DSLR, especially for the Nikon d3400 camera, well, this site is your answer. We have gathered and make a thorough review of the best camera lens for your Nikon d3400, which we also picked the best one among the ten of the best. And are stated in this article. Feel free to choose the ones that fit your taste and needs for your next photoshoots.
Remember, the lens is an essential ingredient to get or captured beautiful images and videos. It serves as the eye or our eye and transforms it into a photograph with the help of the camera, which serves as the brain on how to make it as a picture or video.