It cannot be denied that photography and videography are among the most favorite habits of people of all ages today. Through photography and video recording, you can share your daily experiences and adventures with your family, friends, and the world. If you are an amateur or professional photographer, you must have the best quality camera that can capture memorable and beautiful moments in your life.
Canon T5i is one of the top cameras you can avail in the market. It is a great choice for different types of photography. Moreover, you can also use it for videography, which provides you with beautiful video content. Meanwhile, having an excellent camera like Canon T5i is not enough. Thus, you also need to have quality Canon rebel t5i lenses to capture the best moments of your daily lifestyle.
If you have high standards for your photography and wish to capture crisp and sharp photos, it is a good decision to invest in quality lenses. If you have the right and quality equipment, you can have a smooth and hassle-free shooting experience. With this, you can produce creative and beautiful photos and videos that can meet your specific needs. Additionally, having the right camera and lenses can help you to improve your shooting for photography and videography.
With the use of quality lenses for your camera, you can enjoy different types of photography like wedding, portrait, landscape, street, sports, general photography, and more. With this, you can have the highest satisfaction with your photography and videography passion.
Nowadays, photography is also useful in business. With the use of an excellent camera with lenses, you can take a photo of your products, which you can post on your website. With this, you can attract more customers for your products or service which can offer you great sales. On the other hand, if you are an aspiring vlogger, you need superior quality lenses for your Canon t5i. It allows you to record clear and excellent video content.
There are some instances that you will shoot in a complicated environment, so it is an advantage for you to choose a reliable lens for your Canon T5i camera. With this, you can avoid interruption while shooting photos and videos during your indoor or outdoor activities. You can make the most of your thrilling activities and get a beautiful collection of your experience.
Choosing the best lenses for your camera allows you to enjoy and improve your skills in photography. With lots of lens models in the market, choosing the right one is quite challenging. Fortunately, you don’t have to worry since we will back you up with this matter. To help you make the right choice, we select some of the best lenses for Canon rebel t5i. The good news is that we also provided you a buyer’s guide and FAQ section, so you can easily compare each product to meet your individual needs. You may also like to read more about best vlogging camera
Best Canon T5i Lenses: 30 Second Summary
- The Canon EF-S, 10-18 mm f/4.5-5.6, IS STM can be your extraordinary lens for your Canon T5i camera. It can provide you with excellent photo and video quality, which can satisfy your needs.
This ultra-wide zoom lens can offer you with a smooth and more convenient shooting experience. It weighs 28.04 ounces and has a 67 mm filter. With its focal length, you can expect to capture crisp and sharp images of your subject. It also comes with great image stabilization for more convenient photography.
- If you are conscious of budget and quality, the Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 STM lens is for you. It is available in a practical and affordable price without sacrificing its quality. With its 50 mm focal length, you can shoot excellent photos for various types of photography. It has 1.15 feet minimum focusing distance and 0.21 x maximum magnification. You may also like Best Canon Rebel T6 Lenses.
If you have high expectations for a lens, this model will never fail you. It features a Stepping Motor that can deliver silent and continuous Move Servo AF for smooth stills and movie videos. It has a lens construction of 6 elements in 5 groups. Purchasing the Canon EF 50 mm lens is worth it because of its amazing quality.
Reviews of the Top 10 Best Canon T5i Lenses in India
It is a fact that there are lots of lenses in the market which are compatible with Canon T5i. With that, you might be confused about which one is right for you. Fortunately, we have collected the top products to help you decide which is the best for you. Also check out Canon Vixia HF R800 Review.
The following is our helpful and honest review of the best lenses for Canon t5i.
1. Canon EF-S 10-18 mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM – Best Overall
- 7-blade circular aperture for excellent background blur
- Rear focusing system
- Stepping Motor
- Refined focus mechanism
The Canon EF-S 10-18 mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM can be your best partner for your photography needs. It is an excellent wide zoom lens that you can use for different photography types. It weighs 28.04 ounces and has an aperture of f/4.5-f/29.
With its great focal length, you can expect exceptional quality for your photography and videography habit. It can also offer you great image stabilization. If you are into landscape, real estate, and architecture photography, this lens is the best option.
The only negative thing that we can say about this lens is its plastic construction. It is also a little bit heavy.
- Optical Image Stabilizer System for shake correction
- Full-time manual focus for fast adjustments
- It is perfect for travel, daily photography, video recording, stills and other types of photography
- It can offer you with silent, fast and reliable wide-angle performance
- Some complaint about its plastic construction
- It is a little bit heavy
2. Canon EF- 50 mm f/1.8 STM – Best Budget-Friendly Canon T5i Lens
- Stepping Motor for silent, fast and accurate autofocus for photos and videos
- Lens construction of 6 elements in 5 groups
- Sharp performance for stills and movies
- Manual focus adjustment
This lens is equipped with many features that make it a perfect travel companion. The Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 STM lens is the best option if you are a budget-conscious photographer. It has a compact design and can provide you with superior image and video quality.
It has an aperture that can make a beautiful background blur. You can use it even on low-light photography. It features a Stepping Motor for accurate, fast, and silent autofocus. Its 50 mm focal length makes it a flexible lens for various kinds of photography.
The only drawback of this lens is its plastic mount.
- It is an affordable but quality lens for Canon t5i
- It has a compact and lightweight design
- It is ideal for action, portrait, nighttime and other types of photography
- Plastic mount
3. Sigma 18-35 mm f/1.8 DC HSM – Best Lens for Landscape Photography
- Special Low Dispersion glass
- Thermally Composite Material for more durability
- 9 blade rounded diaphragm for beautiful background blur
- USB dock compatibility
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
If you love landscape photography, the Sigma 18-35 mm f/1.8 DC HSM lens is a good option. It is specially designed for APS-C cameras like the Canon T5i. It can offer you great performance even in low-light situations. It is also a great lens for indoor, street, and general photography.
This lens is also excellent for recording videos. It has a 9-blade rounded diaphragm, which can give you a gorgeous background blur. It is equipped with Hyper Sonic Motor for fast, smooth, and accurate autofocusing.
One disadvantage of the Sigma 18-35 mm lens is that it comes with a high price tag.
- Hyper Sonic Motor for accurate, fast and smooth autofocusing
- Internal focusing and zooming for great functionality
- It is specially designed for APS-C sized sensor cameras like Canon t5i
- It comes with a high price tag
4. Canon 40 mm f/2.8 STM – Best Canon T5i Lens for Videographers
- The inner focusing system with USM
- Stepper-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- Lens construction of 15 elements in 12 groups
- Optimized coatings for flare and ghosting reduction
If you look for the best lens for recording videos, the Canon 40 mm f/2.8 STM is a perfect choice. It weighs 4.6 oz and comes in a compact design. It has a minimum focus distance of 0.30 m and a maximum aperture of f/2.8.
It features an inner focusing system with USM. It has a lens construction of 15 elements in 12 groups. It comes with excellent image stabilization for a smooth and more comfortable shooting process. It has a stepper-type AF motor that has full-time manual focusing.
The only drawback of this lens is that it has 40 mm isn’t the typically used focal length.
- It is ideal for video recording
- Useful image stabilization
- It can offer you with excellent video quality
- 7-blade circular aperture for creative background blur
- It has a lightweight and ultra-slim design which makes it the best companion for your outdoor adventure
- The 40 mm is not the usually used focal length
5. Canon 55-250 mm f/4-5.6 IS STM – Best Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon T5i
- 55-250 mm focal length
- Rear focus system
- Enhanced elements for great color balance and ghosting reduction
- Full-time manual focus
- Optical Image Stabilizer
The Canon 55-250 mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens is among the versatile Canon rebel t5i zoom lenses in the market. This can be your best telephoto zoom lens for your photography habit. It weighs 13.3 oz and has a maximum aperture of f/4.
It can offer you great autofocus for a telephoto zoom. With its nice optical performance, you can have a smooth focusing, which enables you to shoot crisp and sharp images. It has a rear focus system and diagonal angle of view of 27 degrees.
One disadvantage of this model is that it has a poor performance in low light conditions.
- It has a compact and lightweight design, so you can carry it in your outdoor activities
- STM stepping motor that allows you to capture crisp and still photos and videos
- UD lens element for minimizing chromatic aberration
- Lens construction of 15 elements in 12 groups
- Some customers complain about its poor performance in low light situations
6. Sigma 18-250 mm f/3.5-6.3 Macro OS – Versatile Lens for Photographers
- Great long zoom range
- Thermally Stable Composite material
- Double-sided aspherical lenses
- Micromotor-type AF motor that comes with full-time manual focusing
- 7 blade rounded diaphragm
The Sigma 18-250 mm f/3.5-6.3 Macro OS lens can be a good choice for those who are budget-conscious photographers. It is a more affordable lens that can be matched to the Canon T5i. It weighs 16.6 oz and has a maximum aperture of f/3.5.
This lens is equipped with a micromotor-type AF motor that comes with full-time manual focusing. It also comes with image stabilization for more convenient photography. If you are more on macro photography, this lens is for you. It has a great close-up capability with a 13.8 “minimum focusing distance. It has a lens construction of 16 elements in 13 groups.
The negative thing we can say about this Sigma lens is that it can’t give you great performance in low-light situations. It also has a questionable construction.
- The versatile lens that is ideal for macro, sports, landscape, leisure and other types of photography
- It comes with a compact design which makes it a perfect travel companion
- Excellent close-up performance with 13.8” minimum focusing distance
- Image stabilization system for smooth and comfortable shooting
- Softness in the corners
- Poor low light performance
- Questionable construction
7. Canon EF 85 mm f/1.8 USM – Best Lens for Portrait
- 8-blade diaphragm for a smooth bokeh
- Focus distance indicator
- Full-time manual focus control
- A telephoto lens with great portability and delineation
- Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor
Canon EF 85 mm f/1.8 USM is the ideal lens for concert, wedding, and portrait photography. It comes with USM focusing motor that can offer you silent and fast autofocusing. It also features an 8-blade diaphragm for beautiful bokeh. It has a natural angle of view which is perfect for different types of photography.
It has a ring-type ultra-sonic monitor that enables your subject to stand out. It weighs 15 oz and has an 85 cm minimum focusing distance. This standard prime lens is an affordable model that can provide you with great quality.
The downside of this lens is that it doesn’t have a lens hood. It can’t perform well during low-light situations.
- It is a practical lens that is perfect for portrait and other photography types
- USM for silent, smooth and fast AF action
- It is an affordable but quality lens that allows you to produce sharp and crisp photos
- Shallow depth of field focus control
- It doesn’t come with a lens hood
- It doesn’t perform well during low light situations
8. Tamron 90 mm f/2.8 Di VC USD – Best Third-party Macro Lens for Canon T5i
- Circular aperture for beautiful and creative background blur
- VC improved with shift compensation
- Advanced coating technology for ghosting and flare reduction
- Maximum aperture of f/2.8 that allows you to shoot sharp images
The Tamron 90 mm f/2.8 Di VC USD can be the best third-party lens for Canon t5i. It can offer you sharp and beautiful images and video content. It is a more affordable lens that can bring you excellent photography performance. It comes with an image stabilization system for a more convenient shooting experience.
It weighs 1.4 Ibs and has a maximum aperture of f/2.8. It features VC improved with shift compensation. It comes with a circular aperture for a beautiful and creative bokeh effect. It is the dust-proof and moisture-proof lens, so you can make it a great partner even in a complicated environment.
One drawback of this lens is that it doesn’t perform well in low-light situations.
- Durable Fluorine Coating on its front element to repel fingerprint and water
- Moisture and dust-proof construction
- Image Stabilization System
- 9 blade circular diaphragm
- Lens construction of 14 elements in 11 groups
- One disadvantage of this lens is that it can’t offer you great performance during low light situations
9. Canon 75-300 mm f/4-5.6 III – Best Long Zoom Range Lens
- Maximum aperture of f/4
- Rotating type zoom system
- Lens construction of 13 elements in 9 groups
- DC motor for fast, silent and accurate autofocus
The Canon 75-300 mm f/4-5.6 III can be the best long zoom range lens for your Canon T5i. It is an affordable lens that is loaded with amazing features for your photography needs. It weighs 17 oz and has an f/4 maximum aperture. It can offer you excellent optics during normal light.
If you look for a quality lens without breaking your budget, this model is a good option. This telephoto lens is perfect for different types of photography. It has a 58 mm filter and Canon EF mount. It comes with a rotating type zoom system.
The negative side of the Canon 75-300 mm f/4-5.6 III is that it doesn’t have an image stabilization system.
- Affordable but quality lens for your Canon T5i
- Offers sharp and beautiful photos
- It is ideal to use in nature, wildlife, portrait and other kinds of photography
- 13-element optical system
- It doesn’t have an image stabilization
10. Tokina 11-16 mm f/2.8 PRO DX – Best Ultra-wide Angle Zoom Lens
- Focus Clutch Mechanism
- Manual Focusing Ring
- Internal Focus System
- Aspherical lens element to reduce spherical aberration
- Fast internal focusing
The Tokina 11-16 mm f/2.8 PRO DX is a reliable ultra-wide-angle zoom lens that you can use for Canon T5i. It comes with fast autofocus, which can offer you excellent shooting performance. It has an f/2.8 aperture that is ideal for different types of photography.
It features an internal silent focusing motor and a one-touch focus clutch mechanism. It can be your reliable lens since it has a water-resistant optical coating on its glass. It comes with Super Low Dispersion for chromatic aberration reduction.
The downside of this lens is that it has a poor performance during low light situations.
- One-touch focus clutch mechanism
- Water-resistant optical coating making it ideal to use even in a complicated environment
- Super Low Dispersion glass elements
- Multi-coating for excellent color balance
- It doesn’t perform well during low light situations
Buying Guide for Best Canon T5i Lenses in India
Finding the best Canon EOS Rebel T5i lenses is a challenging task. With lots of models in the market with their different prices, specifications, and features, you may find it difficult to choose the right product for your needs. You may also like Canon Rebel T5i vs. Canon Rebel T5.
Worry no more because we will help you with this matter. In this section, we will give you a reliable list of the important factors you must consider when buying a lens for your Canon t5i:
- Focal Length
The focal length is one of the things you need to consider when purchasing a lens for Canon t5i. If you have a higher focal length, the more zoomed your lens will be. You must choose the best focal length of the lens according to your needs.
Aperture is another crucial factor when you purchase a lens for your Canon t5i. You get a wider aperture for a lower number. With this, your lens can allow more light to get in.
- Type of Lens
Before you buy a lens, you must decide what type of lens is the best for your photography needs. You can choose between prime or zoom lenses. You must also consider the types of photography you are going to take to choose the best type of lens for your Canon t5i.
- Image Stabilization
You must also check whether the lens you are going to buy comes with image stabilization. With this, you can have a more convenient shooting for your photography habit.
Different lenses are available at different prices. So, you must choose the best product that can offer you excellent quality without breaking your budget. You must prefer the lens that can highly suit your budget and needs. There are expensive and affordable lenses that can give you superior quality performance, so you can choose which one you think is the best for you.
Design is among the important factors that you must consider when buying a lens. It is a good idea to opt for a lightweight and compact design, so you can easily bring it anywhere you go. If you love outdoor activities, you must have a lightweight lens for your Canon t5i. It allows you to enjoy comfortable photography and videography.
You must also consider the autofocus of the lens before buying. Does it have accurate, fast, and silent autofocus? With that, you can make sure that you can capture stunning and beautiful photos and videos for your needs.
- Low Light Performance
You must also check the low light performance of your lens. With this, you can still capture great image quality even in low-light situations. Make sure that you can get a versatile lens that you can use for different types of photography.
Frequently Asked Questions
The factors mentioned above are necessary for you to get the best Canon t5i lenses. Meanwhile, it is important to purchase the best lens according to your individual needs. To help you decide on the right lens, you can consider the following questions:
- What should I look for a Canon T5i lens?
The requirements in choosing the best lens for Canon T5i are easy. You must choose the model that can meet your photography needs. You can check the quality, aperture, and focal length of the lens. You must also check whether it comes with an image stabilization system and waterproof or dustproof feature. It is also important to consider the design and weight of the lens for a more comfortable shooting experience.
- What are the best third-party brands of the lens for Canon t5i?
The best third-party brands of the lens for Canon t5i include Sigma, Tokina, and Tamron. You don’t have to doubt since they can offer you great quality performance without spending more of your money. They are specially designed for Canon t5i, so you can expect crisp and sharp images and videos for your needs.
- Should I opt for a more expensive lens for Canon t5i?
Canon T5i lenses are available at different prices. The price of the lens is not necessarily the main basis for its quality. Therefore, you can choose an expensive or affordable lens with excellent quality. There are practical lenses that come with excellent features, so you can choose the lens according to your budget and requirements.
- Should I buy a prime or zoom lens?
If you plan to buy a new lens for your Canon t5i, you must decide whether you are going to buy a zoom or prime lens. Well, the decision is based on your specific needs. If you are more on wedding, landscape, and portrait photography, you can choose zoom lenses. On the other hand, it is best to choose prime lenses if you want to shoot in low light conditions. Both types of lenses can offer you great image quality. To make the best decision in choosing a prime lens or zoom lens, you must first consider the type of photography you do.
Photography and videography are among the most enjoyable hobbies in today’s modern and digital generation. It is one of the most enjoyable and entertaining habits that allow you to share your story with your loved ones and with the world. Whether you are a newbie or a professional photographer, you always need the best camera and lens to make the best of your passion. Meanwhile, with lots of brands in the market, it is quite confusing which one is the best for your needs. They come in different specifications, prices, and features, so it is challenging to choose the right product.
Luckily, with the ideas mentioned above, you can make a wise decision on choosing the best lens for your Canon T5i in India. There you have it. We expect that with all the information we provided, you already decide which one is the right lens for your Canon T5i. If you have considered everything on this guide, you can get the best one that can offer you the highest level of satisfaction for your videography and photography needs. What are you waiting for? Enjoy your photography habit with the best Canon t5i lens!