The excellent construction of the optical wonderment that you can get from your camera lens is sometimes usually taken for granted by most of us. Whether we deny it or not, we usually wipe these precious lenses with the use of any towel or sometimes shirts, and usually, just throw it inside our bags since we don’t have enough time to manage packing it slowly for the on-call photoshoots. Thus, the camera lenses that most photographers use are considered as the pathway to the true soul in the world of photography. But, are you knowledgeable enough in terms of the camera lenses that you use?
Yes, we all know that some of you are knowledgeable about lenses, and some are not. Well if you are one of those who have knowledge about camera lenses, then a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you! But, if you are one of those who are only beginning to understand the concept of camera lenses, we are here for you to help you understand the things that you should know about the best all-around Canon Lens.
For your information, if you have a good lens or a camera, it does not mean that you are now considered a good photographer, but on the other hand, it can still help you to be one. What is photography all about? Well, it is all about capturing significant events of special moments that you have been experienced in your life. For example, you make use of your camera in capturing the smile on the faces of your family members during the graduation day of your brother or sister. Photography is also one of the ways that you can do to preserve the memories that you have done together with your loved ones or special someone.
I am sure that you have seen lots of expert photographers who usually carry a wide variety of lenses that will help them to capture the special events perfectly. The camera lenses that they usually use are ranging from being versatile to be highly specialized. But, if you are just starting your journey in the field of photography, you might consider using a solid all-around lens as your starting camera lens.
We cannot deny the fact that Canon is considered to be one of the top manufacturers and suppliers of high-quality DSLR cameras and lenses. Aside from cameras, they are also producing excellent binoculars, microscopes, and many others. That is the reason why you can ensure the accuracy of an item that you will purchase from Canon. One of the useful and helpful things for your photography that you can buy from Canon is their best Canon all-around lens.
But, there are some situations that will make you feel intimidated and overwhelmed, knowing that there is a wide range of Canon camera lenses that you can choose from. We are aware that when you are buying a new item, you usually buy something without considering some important factors that will affect the work of the item. Aside from that, there is also a high chance for you to pick the one that will not suit your needs and requirements. Fortunately, in this post, we have gathered all the important information that you want to know about the camera lenses offered to you by Canon. Aside from that, you will also be presented with our pick in terms of the most excellent all-around Canon lens that you can use for your everyday photography. We will also give you the important features that you should look at when purchasing the best lenses for your Canon cameras. In addition, we have also included a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Buying Guide section that will surely help you to find your perfect match Canon all-around lens.
One of the things that you should keep in mind is that various Canon all-around lenses can also give you different functions and features that you might find helpful or not. Some of the Canon all-around lenses that you might purchase on the market will provide you with particular picture types or require you to know some skills in utilizing its settings to give you your desired photography effects. On the other hand, there are also all-around lenses for Canon that will provide you with a wider angle of capturing an image or can create your captured photo looks more excellent and stunning. The main factors of the entire all-around lenses for Canon that we have included in this post are the best among the best. Thus, you can ensure that you will choose the best all-around lenses for Canon in this post. So, if you want to know more about it, keep on reading and enjoy!
In this article, we are going to give you some of the helpful information that you can use to start your journey in the world of photography. If you are a total starter in the field of photography and videography, I am sure that you will need a camera lens that is perfect to use with your Canon camera. On the other hand, if you are an expert shooter, then the information that we are going to present to you might help you to gain more knowledge about the best all-around lens for Canon.
But before we go to our top ten picks of the best Canon all-around lens, let us go first to our top pick. We know that all of us have our own life and work that might keep us always busy. So, if you love to learn photography or pursue your photography hobby but don’t have enough time to browse the entire article, please read our top pick section.
Best All Around Canon Lens: 60 Second Summary
- Our top pick for the best overall Canon all-around lens is this Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens since it is very versatile that comes up with a steady f/2.8 aperture throughout its entire zoom lengths. If you are going to use this lens in a low-lit situation, you can ensure that you will capture a perfect and clear snap without worrying about the so-called “image noise.” It has a quiet and fast autofocus speed, which is one of the best things we love about this lens.
Its autofocus can be overridden manually without requiring you to alter its shooting mode. This Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens has the bokeh that can give you soft background blur and lovely images or videos which is perfect for either portraits or close-ups. This kind of lens is strong enough to be utilized by anyone in any kind of environment. It is not too heavy to carry which is ideal for hand-held shooting.
- The Canon all-around lens that we have picked for the category best budget-friendly lens is this Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM. Most of the photographers or photography-enthusiasts stated that this kind of Canon all-around lens is one of the lenses that must be included in your daily photography needs. Also checkout Best Nikon D3400 Lenses in India.
Since this Call-around lens has a lower price rate yet can still give you the quality image that you want, it makes this lens the all-time favorite of those professional and amateur photographers. It has a smooth and silent STM focus. Aside from that, it has also a wider aperture that will allow you to shoot your desired moment even if it is in a low-lit environment. It has a shallow depth of field that creates this all-around lens as the best lens in terms of producing softer background without worrying about the focus clarity. If you are a travel-enthusiast as well as a photography hobbyist, then this Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is perfect for you since it is small and has a lighter weight.
Reviews of the Ten Best Canon All-Around Lens in India
We cannot deny the fact that choosing the best Canon all-around lens is quite overwhelming since there is a great competition of brands and models that you can see on the market. But there is nothing for you to worry about since we are going to provide you with the list of the top ten best Canon all-around lenses that you might consider purchasing. By reading this post, you can now look for the best Canon all-around lens that will fit your photography needs easily.
The following is our honest and unbiased review of the top ten best Canon all-around lens. Keep reading, and enjoy it!
1. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Standard Zoom Lens – Best Overall
- 38 m per 1.25 ft. (Closest Focusing Distance)
- Focus Adjustment Inner-Focusing with USM
- 84 degree to 34 degrees (Diagonal Angle of View)
- 18 different elements inside the 3 groups (Construction of Lens)
- 24 mm to 70 mm (Focal Length)
- 1:2.8. (Maximum Aperture)
Most photographers and photography hobbyists want to have the lens that will give them the best image quality. With that, Canon produced this Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Standard Zoom Lens to bring their customers high-quality performance, construction, as well as the superb optics that they can only found in the high-quality lenses.
This lens is considered to be a standard focal length zoom lens that comes up with large size of aperture all over its focal length. Aside from that, this Canon all-around lens also comes up with advanced designs of optical lenses. It also makes use of the UD lens as well as the 1 Super UD lens that will allow you to lessen the chromatic aberration in the periphery at a wide angle. Aside from that, it will also minimize the blurring of colors that surround the model’s edges. You may also like Best Canon T5i Lenses.
In addition to the mentioned features above, this Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Standard Zoom Lens also features the combination of the two kinds of aspherical lenses that will enable you to lessen the spherical aberration throughout the whole area of the image and also thru the full zoom range. It has also optimized coatings of the lens that will make sure that you will have a great color balance while reducing unwanted image noise or ghosting.
The said lens has also a circular 9-blade diaphragm that will give you soft and great backgrounds. With the use of its high-speed CPU and ring-type USM that is equipped with the enhanced AF algorithms, it will provide you with faster and silent autofocus. This all-around lens was constructed for the use of professionals and amateur photographers. It is also built with high-quality water sealing and dust resistance. On the other hand, its fluorine coatings on its rear lens and front lens will help you to decrease the appearance of fingerprints, smears, and soiling.
- Stronger design of lens that is perfect to use every single day.
- Ultrasonic Ring Auto Focus that will give you quiet and faster autofocus
- It can give you a perfect shot off subject even captured in a low-lit situation
- f/2.8 maximum aperture in the entire zoom length
- Wide angle type of lens
- It is quite expensive than the other lenses with similar caliber
- It might be heavy to carry for some users
2. Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 STM Lens– Best Budget-Friendly
- 49 mm (Filter size)
- 15 ft. or 0.35 m of closest focusing distance
- AF with full-time manual (Focus adjustment)
- 46 degree (Diagonal angle of view)
- 6 various elements inside 5 groups (Construction of lens)
- 50 mm (Focal length)
- f/1.8 (maximum aperture)
- Stepper motor (Focus type)
This Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 STM Lens has a lighter aperture if you are going to compare it with the standard zoom lenses that you can purchase on the market. Since then, it will give you sharper images that come up with the minimized motion blur. Aside from that, it will not require you to make use of a flash when shooting in a dimly lit situation. It only means that you can capture easily your subject, whether it is in a low-lit condition or not.
It has a focal length of 50 mm, which will enable you to block its frame with your model from a quite distant area, which makes this lens perfect to use for portraits. With the same view as the human eye and its smaller extent make this Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 STM Lens is a great all-around lens that you can carry along with the various photography materials.
This Canon all-around lens also features the near-silent Stepping Motor or STM tech that will focus immediately when you are capturing images. Thus, you can now shoot real-life images. On the other hand, producing high-end films would be much easier with the use of this Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 STM Lens since it can give you quiet and steady focus. As a result, you will have a smooth captured movie. Also, its soundtracks will only record the sounds around the environment instead of recording the noise coming from the focusing motor.
Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 STM Lens is mostly known for producing high-quality images and can be purchased at a very low cost, for only 125 US Dollars. This version of the Canon all-around lens will give you an exceptional quality image that features a near-silent and faster focus motor. Aside from that, you can ensure that this lens is well-constructed even though you can purchase it cheaply
- Lightweight and has a compact size
- Can be purchased at a low cost which is perfect for those who have a tight budget
- Lesser distortion
- Non-zooming and fixed which is perfect for more sharpness and contrast and great clarity
- For some users, it is not ideal for nighttime photography
- It does not have zoom options, so some starters might find this lens inconvenient and frustrating to use
- Since it is lightweight, some users might feel like it is not that robust compared to some lenses on the market
3. Canon EF 24–105mm f/4L is II USM Lens
- Improved IS System
- 24mm to 15 mmm of the zoom range
- f/4 aperture
- 10-blade circular aperture
- Weather sealing
This Canon EF 24–105mm f/4L is II USM Lens was redesigned to improve its versatility and deliver high-quality L-series optical performance that will smoothly join up with the full-frame and high-resolution sensor of SLR cameras.
As you can see on its name, this Canon all-around lens comes up with 24mm to 15 mmm of the zoom range and a steady f/4 aperture, this Canon EF 24–105mm f/4L is II USM Lens is perfect for sports photography, portraits, landscapes, and many other. Aside from that, it will also provide you with excellent all-day performance for your nighttime and daytime videography and photography. In addition to that, it also helps in minimizing or getting rid of the flare and ghosting and features the enhanced peripheral brightness. Aside from that, it also comes up with a 10-blade circular aperture that will enable you to have evenly illuminated and sharp images with a high-quality background blur.
Its IS system has also improved, which can be used for a great hand-held performance, most notably when used in challenging light. This Canon EF 24–105mm f/4L is II USM Lens is considered a compact performer ad durable since you can rely on it when you want to have a gorgeous performance and excellent results in various places.
- It is a stronger model that comes up with a weather sealing
- It has a great image stabilization that is effective for four stops
- It can give you sharper images even when shut in a slower shutter speed
- It is perfect for a wider extent conditions
- It has a quite hefty price rate
- It is quite a heavy all-around lens that might be noticeable inside your photography kit bag
4. Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens
- 24-millimeter wide angle to 105 millimeters of portrait-length telephoto
- Image Stabilizer Technology
- 3 aspherical lenses and 1 Super UD glass element
- ring-type USM
- full-time manual focus
This Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens is considered as an easy-to-use Canon all-around lens that covers a larger extent of zoom area, which ranges from 24-millimeter wide angle to 105 millimeters of portrait-length telephoto. Aside from that, its featured Image Stabilizer Technology will prevent its camera shake for about 3 stops.
The construction of this Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens makes use of the 3 aspherical lenses and 1 Super UD glass element. It only means that this kind of lens can reduce the distortion as well as the chromatic aberration. As a result, it will give you a high-quality picture even when captured at a wider aperture. The ring-type USM of Canon will provide you with the faster and silent AF alongside its full-time manual focus.
In addition, it was also constructed with moisture-resistant and dust-resistant features. Thus, this Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens is considered a durable and excellent lens that can satisfy all the increasing demands of both advanced professional photographers as well as amateur photographers.
- Moisture-resistant and dust-resistant
- It was robust constructed that will give you a high-quality feeling
- It is perfect to use in any kind of situation
- It has a larger zoom extent area that comes up with a steady aperture
- Even though it has a quite low price rate compared to its similar alternatives, some beginners might consider it pricey
- You can see its minor image vignetting at 24 millimeter
5. Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens
- 77-millimeter diameter (Filter size)
- 28 meter or 0.922 feet (Closest focusing distance)
- Inner focus system for focus adjustments
- 108 degree and 10 feet to 63 degrees (Diagonal angle of view)
- 16 various elements inside the 12 groups (Construction of lens)
- 16 millimeters to 35 millimeters of focal length
- 1:4.0 of maximum aperture
The fifth Canon all-around lens that we have included in the list is this Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens. It has its goal, which is to give its users an excellent combination of compact construction, L-series of optics, high-quality performance in low-lit situations, and a wider angle. this Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens can be paired with any type of EOS SLR camera. The L-series ultra-wide-angle that it features also makes use of the good performing optical image stabilizer. Aside from that, this Canon all-around lens will also provide you with 4 stops of corrections for you to experience a good performance even in a dim light condition.
On the other hand, this Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens also comes up with UD lens elements and 3 aspheric lens elements that will help you to reduce the aberrations through its zoom extent. In addition, it has also a fluorine coating that will help you to lessen the appearance of ghosting. On the other hand, this Canon all-around lens also comes up with a nine-circular blade aperture that will ensure that you will have an outstanding background blur.
This Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens comes up with the ring USM and inner focusing that is a must to have a speedy, discreet, and accurate AF. Aside from the mentioned features above, this all-around lens also provides you with the full-time manual focus, and 0.92 ft./0.28m is the measurement of the minimum focusing distance. It is constructed to be used even during undesirable weather conditions. This Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens is not only water-resistant but dust-resistant as well.
- The best ultra-wide zoom lens of Canon
- 28 meters of focusing distance as well as for close up photography that comes up with a wider field of view
- High performance and has a fixed aperture
- It has a wider angle that is perfect for travel shooting, architecture, as well as for landscapes
- The price rate of this Canon all-around lens is quite high for some beginners
6. Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Lens
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- SLD and FLD elements
- TSC or Thermally Composite Material
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor
The sixth best Canon all-around lens that we have included in the list is this Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Lens, which is perfect to use with Canon DSLR cameras. Aside from the Canon DSLR cameras, this all-around lens is also constructed to be used with the full-frame cameras as well as with the cameras that come up with APS-C sensors.
This Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Lens has a high-quality focal range and is considered to be the main lens to use for daily photography. We cannot deny the fact that there is an increase in the resolution power of the latest sensors that you can see on the market. Since then, this Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Lens was constructed to give the photographers and photography hobbyists real insight into the evolution of the camera technologies. Also, read Best Sony a6500 Lenses in India.
This Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Lens features the HSM or the Hyper Sonic Motor that will make sure that you will have an accurate, quiet, and faster autofocus. Aside from that, this all-around Canon lens also features the Optical Stabilizer, which is known for compensating the unusual camera shakes. It also features the nine-blade rounded diaphragm that will help you to produce an amazing background blur. On the other hand, both the SLD and FLD glass elements also work in compensating the different curvature, distortion, as well as aberrations. With the use of the TSC or the Thermally Composite Material, this all-around lens for Canon also lessens the weight and the size as one of the various parts of the latest Global Vision design. It can also be used with the Sigma USB dock.
- Stronger construction quality
- Longer and wider focal range
- It has an excellent optical stabilization for amazing sharpness and high-quality image
- Some of its users stated that they experience a quite degree o chromatic aberration
- The lens has a considerable weight which might not be perfect for those photographers or photography enthusiasts who love traveling
7. Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Lens
- Ultrasonic Drive autofocus
- Great focal length and aperture
- VC anti-shake mechanism
The seventh all-around lens that is perfect for Canon is this Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Lens, which has similar features to the Canon 24 mm to 70 mm f/2.8L II lens. Aside from that, you can also purchase it at its notable price rate. The only difference that you can see between the two mentioned lenses is that the Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Lens has the f2.8 focal length and aperture that can be complemented perfectly by the excellent image stabilization that you cannot find with the Canon lenses. It is also quiet and accurate in terms of is autofocus since it features the Ultrasonic Drive autofocus.
- It has excellent value without worrying about its quality production
- Its VC anti-shake mechanism will provide you with the superb stabilization of image
- f/2.8 of aperture thru its zoom extent
- Some of its users stated that they see some vignetting in the direction of its telephoto range during its f/2.8 aperture.
- It has a slower autofocus speed when compared to the Canon lenses with a similar caliber
8. Zeiss Otus 55mm f1.4
- 65Aspherical design
- Sharp Optics Zeiss
The 8th lens that we are going to give to give to you is this Zeiss Otus 55mm f1.4, which is also considered to be one of the best all-around lenses for Canon. This is the kind of lens that possesses a special feature. Both the technical skill and the care that was given to this lens while it is under construction help this lens to give you the excellent capturing of images. It is perfect to use in any kind of photography. On the other hand, this Zeiss Otus 55mm f1.4 is not perfect to use by amateur photographers. This lens was constructed to be used by professional photographers. One of the reasons why this all-around lens was constructed for professional use only is because it has a quite expensive price rate.
- It does not have a color fringing
- It can give you great performance in various situations
- It has the expensive look of construction which make you feel and look fantastic when it is with you
- It has exceptional sharpness and good quality image
- It is quite heavy and bulky
- Since this all-around lens has an expensive look, assume that it has a quite expensive price that some of the amateur photographers might not afford
9. Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens
- Image stabilizer lens
- Large circular aperture
- Aspherical and AD elements
The second-to-the-last all-around lens for Canon is this Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens that is considered to be a clean piece of photography material. All the elements are gathered together to produce a reliable and versatile lens that can be used by amateur photographers and professional photographers. It can give you a consistent capturing of incredible images in various lighting ranges. This Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens is considered by many as one of the best all-around lenses that anyone can use perfectly.
- Great image stabilization and excellent autofocus speed
- When used for capturing in a low-lit situation, its f/2.8 aperture is great to utilize
- It can give you a high-quality image
- It can be used by both professional and amateur photographers
- Some of its users stated that color fringing sometimes occur with this all-around lens for Canon
10. Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
- Dynamic Image Stabilizer
- 18 millimeters to 135-millimeter focal range
The last all-around lens for Canon that we recommend to you is this Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens, which is considered to be the useful lens that you must always carry. It features 18 millimeters to 135 millimeters of focal range that works perfectly in different kinds of situations. Along with the 4 stops of Dynamic Image Stabilizer and faster speed of autofocus, you will have an excellent lens that you can use for your different photography needs.
- Accurate and quicker speed of autofocus
- Excellent image stabilization that can be used to shoot even when you are on the move
- You can now have a longer focal extent in a compact-sized all-around lens for Canon
- Since it has a lighter weight, it might not be as sturdy as you think
- The edge and center image sharpness might not have enough aperture
Buying Guide for the Best Canon All-Around Lens in India
Finding the best Canon all-around lens is an overwhelming task, especially if there are lots of brands and models that you can see on the market. Picking the best Canon all-around lens that’s available in India is an important part for you to have the best photography experience. With this, you must be aware of the things that you should consider when buying an all-around lens for Canon. Worry no more because we will provide you with a list of reliable factors that you must consider in buying an all-around lens.
The focal length is an important thing you should look for in an all-around lens. When we say focal length, it refers to the gap between the lens optical center and the plane of the subject. Make sure that you will find the focal length that will suit your photography needs.
There are lots of all-around lenses for Canon that you can see on the market that has various features of image stabilization. It is an important factor that you should look for an all-around lens for you to capture your model without the use of a tripod.
Auto Focus Speed
Look for an all-around lens that has a faster and accurate speed of autofocus for you to capture a clearer and excellent image.
Frequently Asked Questions
For you to know more about which all-around lens for Canon you should look for, we will also provide you a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section. Keep on reading to know further.
- Should I use a lens hood indoors?
If you are going to shoot indoors, using a lens hood is not necessary since it does not make any changes to the image if you will use it or not.
- What is an IS STM lens?
It only means that an all-around lens that has IS STM features the Stepper Motor tech of Canon.
Choosing the best all-around lens is quite difficult, but upon reading this post, we are sure that you will pick the one that will fit your various photography needs.